Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Now for the fun post!
Long John Laura, Mate Mary been meanin' to write yer!
Okay, I can't keep up the pirate speak for an entire post. I thought I should write you a couple weeks ago when a dance party erupted in our living room. I turned on the "You've Got Mail" soundtrack and "the cabin girl" and I started grooving around the living room. She is getting really good at dancing (if you remember my dancing skills, anyway) and we had a blast. It brought back all the good dance parties of Mathetai and before. I wished you were with us to show off your moon walk, the Travolta moves and rug surfing. Rug surfing!!
But, like a loser, I didn't email you. Then a few days later there was another odd coincidence. We were walking to the mailbox when "the cabin girl" announced "I'm a pirate!" out of nowhere! "Oh?" I said. "You are?"
"Yes. I'm a little bitty pirate."
"Um. That's great! Where did you come up with that?" (clearly bewildered)
"Out of my head."
So we walked along and when the groundskeeper said hello to us, he was informed: "I'm a pirate." He grinned and praised her. We retrieved our mail and she became immersed in other schemes. But as we walked back we passed the groundskeeper again and she jumped right in declaring her pirateyness again. The next day when she saw a different groundskeeper she started in again. "I'm a pirate, I'm a pirate!!"
Kids are so weird.

No comments: