Thursday, June 28, 2007

When you asked for pictures, Neb, I'm sure this isn't what you had in mind. But! I would like to solicit advice for a project. These are Suzan's bedroom windows (note the classy foil "blinds" on those eyebrow windows!) and I don't know how to approach the window treatment. Does anyone in this group have stylistic taste? Opinions? Since I have none, I don't know that I could be trusted to recognize it in others. I have the vague idea of something "tied back" and I know what colors/fabric I want. I need help with . . . layout? Should I have two panels that are pulled back to either side? (Please note the one inch bit of wall to the right.) Four panels split over each window? Something entirely different? If you have a suggestion and a reason for it, I'd like the reason too. Male opinions will not be discounted.

2 comments:

Alysia said...

Couple of questions, first.
Do you have any themes in mind? Colors?

Do the "eyebrows" *have* to be completely blocked out, or can they just be made opaque? How high up are they -- somewhere around 6' 6"?

What's going to be on the left-hand side of those windows? Are we talking big piece of furniture, or will there be room available to perhaps tie fabric? (Although I'm thinking that tying all the fabric right there would be a big no-no. It would draw the eye straight to the corner, which would be silly.)

Anonymous said...

The curtains will be white (but not sheer) and I will make them striped by sewing/basting ribbons vertically. The ribbons will be different shades of pink and purple. They may be all the same width/style and maybe not. :) I mostly have pink accents for her room and that is what she likes but the bedspread for her big-girl bed is my purple floral one from college until we can afford to replace it. So the curtains will be my attempt to tie it all together. The top of the windows (the eyebrows!) is 8 feet off the floor because we have high ceilings. The eyebrows (I just love saying that) will eventually have regular (though custom, so $$) blinds but until then I am hoping that putting up curtains will help make it somewhere between opaque and BLOCKED. Maybe an added valence? There are no immediate plans for a large piece of furniture on the left-hand side. Her room is big and the closet is really nice with shelves enough to work in place of a dresser.
Thanks for lending a hand!