Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Insanity for everyone!

At least that's how it feels in my house these days. First, we started fostering a litter of kittens. Then, my dad and stepmom dropped off my 14-year-old cat, Daffodil. Then one of the kittens died (still trying to come up with the words for that blog), and we decided to keep all the remaining 3 kittens.

Oh, and I started a new small business.

It's a teeny tiny eco-business operating out of the Wheaton and Geneva French Markets. I alternate between the two every week (Wheaton is on Saturdays and Geneva's on Sundays), so that I don't have to request every single weekend off at my day job, thus keeping said day job (and its yummy health insurance). I'm mostly selling biodegradable cleaning products in bulk; customers can bring in their own containers to be filled, instead of buying a new bottle every time and "recycling" the old one. I hope to eventually open an actual brick-and-mortar store that offers inexpensive, quality, cruelty-free fair-trade household goods with minimal packaging (and did I hear someone say "Community Compost," Laura? :) ).

Let it be known that right now, it's 1:45 pm and I'm STILL IN MY PAJAMAS. And I'm PROUD of it! My current schedule means I've got one day off a week, which usually means lots and lots of errands, but not today! HA!

I shall go now and eat chocolate pudding.

No comments: