Wednesday, May 23, 2007

1) What is your favorite thing about your current job?
I'm gonna respond with several things, since I really do a lot of complaining about my job (people are stupid. OK! OK! Stopping with the complaining!)
a) Kids are fun to watch (when they're not screaming because their moms are too busy with their cell phones/blackberriesSORRY!).
b) I can get away with saying a lot of crazy stuff.
c) This one is actually the most important. I HAVE GOOD COFFEE AT MY WORK HAHAHAHAHA! AND IT'S FREE AND SOMETIMES I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO MAKE IT MYSELF HAHAHAHAHAHA!

2) What has everyone been reading recently?
Currently A Game of Thrones by George R.R. ("Tolkien is my Homeboy") Martin. Usually also a smattering of ChickLit. Because I like it. So there.

3) Traveling anywhere this summer?
Longville, Minnesota. By way of the Minneapolis area, where there is 1) my dad and stepmom (and cat) and 2) the Oakeshott Museum, one of the most important collections of historical arms and armor in the western hemisphere and 3) the Spam Museum. Try to guess which ones of those three were my idea. In Longville? Population 300? The 20th annual (yes, every year) week-long Williams Family Reunion: This year there's t-shirts. My husband loves me a LOT.

4) What's your favorite beverage when the weather is hot?
A homemade concoction I found a recipe for in Sundays at Moosewood: you steep fresh-grated ginger root in (water, obviously) sugar, cloves and cinnamon, strain it, add orange and lemon juice and chill. YUM. Or, for a quick fix, one part Trader Joe's Lemon Ginger Echinacea Drink and two parts Trader Joe's Green and White Tea. Also yum.

5) How do you feel about the use of the word "escribatological"?
Rock on.

4 comments:

Kyle W. said...

and what am i? you realize that coon rapids is considered to be more "minneapolis area" than northfield. i don't care how much white trash is out here.

Hannah said...

1) Flexibility...I can often arrange my work days so that I can travel, hike, visit with friends. Completing a well-laid-out piece of calligraphy. Also, I am intrigued/amused by the variety of quotations, words (sometimes another language), verses, poems, etc., that people ask me to letter on the walls of their home. Knowing the author/poet always makes it more interesting.

2) Ruth by Elizabeth Gaskell, To End All Wars by Ernest Gordon, Bringing Tuscany Home by Frances Mayes, and getting ready to start Our Mutual Friend by Dickens.

3) Elizabethton, TN, (near Roan Mountain) for a week-long family reunion...my grandparents arrived at our house yesterday. Hopefully, a combination Tyler, TX, (to visit my housemate the year I taught school there) and OK City, OK, (to visit Mary and Christopher) in July?

4) A homemade all-fruit smoothie: [roughly] 3/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup pineapple juice, 1 1/2 - 2 bananas (preferably frozen), and a lot of frozen strawberries. Puree it in the blender, and you have about 3-4 cups of something cold and tasty for lunch. (Strawberries are my favorite fruit, but I'm sure you could do wonderful things with peaches, etc.)

5) ?

Neb said...

Yay! Another person playing along! Yay!

Someone else post something, already... because I could keep going with this kind of thing indefinitely, but I'm sure you guys don't want me to...

Alysia said...

Well, I suppose I just assumed you'd rather meet me at Dad's house, seeing as how you didn't want us coming to your place last time we visited ... something to do with various states of cleanliness would be my guess. ?