Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Well, I remembered my password so here I am blogging about nothing. But! I am finally contributing to the "oooh" factor of the blog with pictures of our beautiful child. This morning before we could do anything else, she wanted to "play the jewelry game" which she created. When asked how it was played she said, "We hold up the jewelry and say 'oooh.'" Apparently we also put it all on. Since I own about 5 pieces of modest jewelry, I really don't understand the inspiration for this game unless it comes from the few times she's been window shopping with me in the mall. Oops! We recently purchased a Canon Powershot SD 600, so that is why you are able to view a picture I took this very morning! It is nifty.

I was planning on posting a nice update a couple of weeks ago, but what with the blogger change I couldn't remember my password. And I don't have a ton of time right now. So here is the short version: We are trying to buy a house. We are attending a mega church. (I love mentioning that because it still surprises me.) We are experiencing an unusually cold/nasty winter (which we get blamed for too!). I am working 4-8 hours a weekend for Hallmark. Mr. C. (as my family likes to call him) is working a normal 8-5 good computer job. We live in the city. The largest city in the state, which - I might add - I had not realized was so big. But it is okay. We are doing something called homeschooling, which at this point most people would just call brainwashing since the pupil isn't even three. It is basically just implementing a little bit more structure to our daily activities. I introduce a letter and number each week, we color a lot and do crafts. And we are memorizing a verse and catechism each week. Oh dear, I think I heard most of you fall off your chairs. But, when you consider the alternatives, it really doesn't seem all that extreme, does it?

So what are you guys really up to? I know where some/most of you are, but not what you are doing. Andrea W., Laura, Airika?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm new to blogging, but I can't see the picture. Is the emperor naked? (gasp!) Can somebody fill me in? :-)