Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Speaking of Christmas . . .

Some of you have moved recently (okay, in the last 2 years, but I am slow). Can we start a round robin/mass email of our current addresses just to make sure everyone is on the same page? I know I don't have up to date addresses for Carrie, Alysia, Dan, Zingrin, Michael T., NEB or Airika (maybe I do, but how would I know since we never hear from her). So! When this starts, if anybody knows their addresses (or has a good guess) feel free to reply for them. Also! Hannah? I feel sure you sent me your address and I DO pay attention (to you anyway ;) but I can't seem to find it.
That's all folks!

PS I don't have many Christmas recipes because we usually do super traditional things that have no recipe. Rub butter on turkey. Use baking bag. Yeah! Beg Granny to make the dressing and let you watch so that someday you will be able to make it. Follow the pumpkin pie recipe on the Libby's can. The only unique thing I can think of (with a recipe) is a Cranberry Upside Down Cake recipe I have. I typically make it for Easter but I think it is more traditionally a Christmas/Thanksgiving recipe. It is very easy and I will share if anyone is interested.

Oh, and some years my family has gone non-traditional for Christmas and had Mexican! or Steaks! or Italian! They know better than to do this when I will be around. Anyway, if you are wanting to break out of the box, do it with flair. The lasagna sounds like a prime candidate for such a venture. I will be trying that recipe one of these days.

No comments: