Monday, April 09, 2007

Hi Everybody!!! Dan Jordan in the hizzouse. I haven't heard from most of you in a long, long time and no doubt many of you lie awake at night thinking "What are Dan and his lovely wife Laura doing these days?" Well, prepare to have a good night sleep because 1) your question will be answered and 2) the answer is pretty dull. Laura is a postdoc at Yale (or is a postdoc at Yale, I'm not sure if "postdoc" describes the position or the person). I am in the secondary-ticket market (or "scalping") business. I am a "marketing analyst" (I got to pick my own job title! I decided to keep a modest one instead of "Senior VP of Coolness" because that's the sort of guy I am--modest) at a company that sells concert, theatre, and sports tickets online (check out the website I manage BuyBetterTickets.com). We're living in an apartment which is actually the third floor of an old house--it's pretty sweet. We like the New Haven area; we live near a big rock (it's nicer than it sounds; I'll put up some pictures some time). If anyone is ever in the area and needs a place to stay we have a second bedroom and we'd love to see any of you (even Wes!) so please stop by. I'm looking forward to checking out everyone else's posts and maybe even responding to Laura's torture question

4 comments:

Neb said...

Happy Anniversary, Dan (&Laura).

:-) Neb

PS (Does everyone else remember it's Dan's and Laura's anniversary when you hear about the anniversary of JP II's death...? Just curious.)

Valerie said...

Well, well, well, it's great to hear from you! Did you ever get my Christmas letter? You up and moved on me and I'm not sure my letter tracked you down. Look forward to some pictures. Is your Taurus still running? ;)

Hannah said...

Great to hear from you! And a belated Happy Anniversary. (No, I never connect it with anything related to JP II.) Please do post a photo of that rock. :)

Dan Jordan said...

Wow! 2 comments in less than a day. I sort of expected this to be a place where people checked in about once a week. I'm impressed and happy that people check in more often.

NEB--Whenever I hear "Today is the xth or xnd or xrd or xst anniversary of Pope John Paul, I know it's time to buy an anniversary present. It's very handy because I'm quite forgetful, although it's hard to find a decent anniversary present on the day of the anniversary.

Val and others--The Taurus passed away about 3 years ago. It is missed, but it's replacement is just as reliable. I should've kept up better with everyone; sorry I missed your Christmas letter Val. Address for future reference is:

127 Canner St. #3
New Haven, CT 06511